PATENTBUREAU Symbolics Of Prydniprov'ia Pryluky
From history of heraldry of Ukraine
Modern individual symbolism
State differences of Ukraine
Symbolics of Prydniprov'ia regions
Chernygiv area
Symbolism of Ukrainian the cossacks


For the first time it was mentioned in Ipatiiv chronicles in 1092 and 1138. The town appeared by a broad meadow ("Luka") that gave the name to the town.

In 1569 Pryluky became property of Magnate Yarema Vyshnevets'kyi. In 1582 the town was given the Magdeburg Right and an emblem - a fragment of a picture from the prince's emblem of the Vyshnevets'kyis. It was a head of a bull pierced with a saber.

Since the second half of the XVII century till 1764 it was a regimental town.




The emblem of the Russian period



The emblem of the Russian period was confirmed on the 4th of June 1782 on the basis of the old emblem - in an azure field there was an or head of a bull pierced by a saber.




B.Kene project



At 26.01.1865 B.Kene worked out a project of a new emblem of the town. In an azure field the or head of a bull with the gules horns, eyes and tongue, pierced by argent sword with or handle. In the canton there was an emblem of Poltavs'ka province. The shield is crown with an argent mauerkrone with three towers and frame with two or ears, which are twine with the ribbon of the Order of St.Alexander.




The soviet emblem



It was confirmed at 1984. The shield per pale by gules and azure. In the middle of it is the circle, formed by the two or ears and a sable half gear in which is entegules the sable oil derrick on the argent background. In the chief of or cartouche is the sable city name, in its base is a sickle and hammer. The author is A.Ryzhenko.